Being able to leave the workplace to focus on raising children is a fulfilling move for many parents. But then re-entering the workforce can be a challenge, especially if the work gap is lengthy.
Career Muse co-founder and COO Stephanie Smith shared tips anyone can use to navigate their way back to the workforce.
Here are the tips Stephanie shared today:
- Establish your personal brand (resumes/social profile, address gaps)
- Cultivate new and existing connections (networking, LinkedIn, personalize messaging)
- Stay active and keep current (volunteer, freelance, gather industry insights)
- Leverage tools and programs (return to work programs, explore digital job marketplaces)
- Build your confidence (skill development, prep for resumes/interviews)
© 2017 KING-TV