Angelica Malone is an expert in all things Mom! Anjelica helps women navigate all facets of childbearing in natural ways. She is an expert in pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum, and is a Certified Lactation Educator Counselor as well as Childbirth Educator.
Today on New Day Anjelica shows us how to make an easy & nutritious meal for new moms! Check out the recipe below:
"The Mama Abie Belly Bowl"
- Cook one cup of quinoa according package directions using vegetable broth.
- Slice 1/4 of a small red onion
- Roast 1 small sweet potato until soft in the center and dice into cubes
- Sauté or bake 1 cup of kale, using a bit of olive oil and himalayan pink salt
- Slice in half one handful (approx. 1/2 cup) of cherry tomatoes
- Grate 1 tsp of ginger
- 1 tbsp. natural (unsweetened, unsalted) peanut butter
- Chop 1tsp. of garlic
- 1 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 1tbsp. hot sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan and simmer for 5 min.
© 2017 KING-TV