Dietitian Carrie Dennett gets to the bottom of some of the biggest food myths on everyone's minds these days.
Some of the myths she discusses include:
- You shouldn't cook with olive oil
- You should avoid white foods (or, "No white at night")
- Soy foods are unhealthy (and cause cancer)
- You should avoid fruit because of the sugar OR eat as much fruit as you want (this second one stems from Weight Watchers calling fruit a "free" food for a long time)
- Coconut oil and butter are good for you
© 2017 KING-TV