What better way to cruise the capitol than with the governor as your guide? Jay Inslee shows us around the Washington State Capitol Campus in Olympia.
Here are just a few things we'll learn:
- The governor has a 42-star flag hanging on his office wall. There are very few of them in existence because the 43rd state, Wyoming, entered the union just after Washington.
- The governor is an avid painter and photographer. We'll see some of his work on the tour.
- One of Governor Inslee's favorite presidents once sat in the same chair he uses today.
- The number of steps at the front of the Legislative Building represents a statistic from the state's history.
- The governor's residence has its own bee hive and garden.
- The fountain at the capitol has a Copenhagen connection.
- The campus' Moon Tree has literally been to the moon. (Sort of.)
© 2017 KING-TV