We want to make sure kids don't go hungry when school is out, so the annual KING 5 Summer Hunger Challenge is underway Friday!
Our teams are stationed all across the Puget Sound, ready to gather anything you can donate to our cause. We're looking for everything from canned goods to dry goods, macaroni and cheese, peanut butter, granola bars -- anything that will help all the thousands of kids in our area who normally count on free or reduced price breakfast and lunch every day at school during the year.
Food and money collected during the Summer Hunger Challenge will be used to stock the shelves of food banks throughout Western Washington and ease some of the stress on families in need.
HERE IS HOW YOU CAN HELP!
Drop off your donation any any of the following locations:
- Chain Lake Elementary, Monroe
- Bothell High School, Bothell
- St Joseph School, Seattle
- Mountain View Middle School, Bonney Lake
- Any Sterling Bank branch in Western Washington
Call OR text in your donation:
- Text “hometeam” to 85944 and make a $10 donation to the cause
- Call 1-855-HARVST-5 (1-855-427-8785)
You can also watch KING 5 News all day Friday for more opportunities to contribute.
Talk about the Summer Hunger Challenge on Twitter! Just use the #SummerHungerChallenge hashtag in your tweet and tell us how you're going to help out.
Schools have taken on our Summer Hunger Challenge in a whole new way, and we're so happy to thank each of these schools for their hard work:
- Frank Wagner Elementary, Monroe
- Freylands Elementary, Monroe
- Salem Woods Elementary, Monroe
- Maltby Elementary, Maltby
- Olympic View Middle School, Mukilteo
- Anacortes Middle School, Anacortes
- Edmonds Woodway High School, Edmonds
- Forest View Elementary, Everett
- Meadowdale High School, Lynnwood
- John Sedgwick Junior High, Port Orchard
- Chateau Jouval, Kenmore
- Gateway Middle School, Everett
- Harbour Pointe Middle School, Mukilteo
- Ballard High School, Seattle
- Whatcom Hills Waldorf School, Bellingham
EVERY participating school will be eligible for our prize: 2 tickets for each student to Absolute Air Park in Arlington! The winner will be determined by the total number of MEALS (weight + dollars) collected per capita for the number of students at the school.