Students at Chain Lake Elementary in Monroe combined their efforts Friday to help out both KING 5's annual Summer Hunger Challenge and Rachel's Challenge.
All year long, the students and staff have been writing messages of kindness on pieces of paper and chaining them together. They now have 3,775 links, all showing how committed they are to Rachel's Challenge and helping make the community a better place to live!
"We wanted to bring the chain reaction into the community," said principal Jean Anderson.
Along with local businesses, they also adopted the KING 5 Summer Hunger Challenge and came through to gather more than 6,000 pounds of food, all to stock the shelves of local food banks so kids don't go hungry this summer.
You can help the Summer Hunger Challenge by making a donation of money or food to:
- Chain Lake Elementary, Monroe
- Bothell High School, Bothell
- St Joseph School, Seattle
- Mountain View Middle School, Bonney Lake
- Any Sterling Bank branch in Western Washington
- Text “hometeam” to 85944 and make a $10 donation to the cause
- Call 1-855-HARVST-5 (1-855-427-8785)