In honor of their 15th birthday, Petfinder is holding an "Adopt the Internet Day" on Tuesday, March 15, asking people everywhere to pledge to spread the word online about adoptable pets on that day.
Shelters and rescue groups across the country have posted their "most-adoptable" pets. Check out the gallery.
Petfinder offers the following things that you can do to support shelters and rescues.
- Add a badge to your Web site to show your support.
- Take our pledge that you will tell one person about pet adoption on March 15.
- Caption a Petfinder adoptable-pet photo on ICanHasCheezburger! The photos with the best captions will be featured on the ICanHasCheezburger.com homepage on March 15.
- On March 15, share an adoptable Petfinder pet on Twitter with the hashtag #adopttheinternet.
- Add a link to Petfinder to your blog, Facebook or Twitter post
- On March 15, donate your Facebook status and photo to an adoptable Petfinder pet. Just replace your photo with one from the Adopt-the-Internet All-Stars gallery and post one of the following messages:
- More than 320,000 pets are waiting for homes on Petfinder.com. Help Petfinder Adopt the Internet today and find forever homes for as many as possible.
- I adopted my pet from Petfinder and now I want to help get this pet adopted. If you want to help pets in need of forever homes, please repost this.
Petfinder is an online, searchable database of animals who need homes. It is also a directory of more than 13,000 animal shelters and adoption organizations across the U.S., Canada and Mexico.