Doggie Olympic Games
Long Beach, Pacific County
Begins Friday with a pizza party from 4-7 p.m.
Registration Noon-3 p.m. on Saturday. Games open at 12:45 p.m.
Events include retrieving, agility, Rip Van Winkle Sleep-Off, Dunking for Hot Dogs, best shedder, sing-off, Babe Ruth Obedience Baseball (base running), musical sit, peanut butter lick and disc catching. Last event is the Doggie Dash at 4:45 p.m. Click for more info
Bark in the Park and Bark for Life
10 a.m.-2 p.m. June 25
Allan Yorke Park, Bonney Lake.
Walk for dogs and their owners benefis the American Cancer Society. Doggie Olympic Games begins at 10 a.m. Preregistration required. Festival features vendors, exhibits, a look-alike contest and adoptable dogs. Click for more info
Designer Mutt Match & Cool Cats
June 26, noon to 3 p.m.
100 108th Ave. NE
Participating organizations bringing animals to adopt include:
• Purrfect Pals: www.purrfectpals.org
• Barks R Us: http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/WA193.html
• Grant County Animal Outreach: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/WA370.html
• Yakima Valley Pet Rescue: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/WA175.html
• Wenatchee Valley Humane Society: http://www.wenatcheehumane.org
• Regional Animal Service of King County: http://www.kingcounty.gov/
• Motley Zoo Rescue: http://motleyzoo.org
• K9 Rescue & Rehabilitation: http://k9rr.weebly.com
• Saving Paws of WA: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/WA410.html
• Quincy Animal Shelter: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/WA486.html
• N.O.A.H.: http://www.thenoahcenter.org
• Humane Society at HappyPaws Farm: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/WA78.html
Seattle Humane Society's MaxMobile adoptions
Throughout the month of June, Seattle Humane is waiving adoption fees for all cats one year and older.
Saturday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Whole Foods Market
17991 Redmond Way
Sunday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Whole Foods Market
888 116th Ave NE
SHS Contact—Bill: 425-649-7553 (voicemail)
The MaxMobile is the Seattle Humane Society's mobile adoption and education unit. A bright yellow "schoolbus for animals," Max travels to local businesses and community events to conduct off-site animal adoptions.