For the eighth consecutive year, Puppy Bowl returns to the grand gridiron of Animal Planet where an all new roster of pups take to the field.
All of the pets on the Puppy Bowl show are available for adoption through Petfinder.com, including the puppy stars, an adoptable pig pep-squad, a crew of kittens who perform during the customary "Kitty Halftime Show," and “Meep the Bird,” who will provide tweets on the field.
“I love Puppy Bowl – not just because you get to watch adorable puppies, kittens, birds and pigs, but also because it is another reminder of how many great pets are in need of homes,” said Betsy Banks Saul, co-founder of Petfinder.com.
Here are some of the adoptable namesakes of this year's Super Bowl stars from the New York Giants and New England Patriots.
For the Giants:
• 145 adoptable pets namesake to quarterback “Eli” Manning
• 98 adoptable pets named “Mario,” as in wide receiver Mario Manningham
• 97 adoptable pets with the name “Victor,” like wide receiver Victor Cruz
For the Patriots:
• 140 adoptable pets named “Brady,” rooting for quarterback Tom Brady
• 18 namesakes to tight end “Rob” Gronkowski
• 247 proud to call themselves “Spike” after line backer Brandon Spikes