In your article on "Fish Poisoning" you say smoking does not seem to damage this parasite, and that raw fish is a NO NO for our wet nosed friends. What I didn't get from the story was a clear statement if COOKED fish should still be avoided, or if there might be some exceptions ?? ..... Also I see a salmon based, processed dog treat at the local "club store", what are your feelings on that kind of product ?? ... It is clearly very processed / smoked / cooked or dried (?), but still has a very strong "old fish" odor. Thanks for the Info.
Great question -- to clarify the points, COOKED salmon poses no threat. The fluke that transmits the disease is inactivated at cooking temperatures. Freeze-dried and dehydrated products should also pose no risk. The strong fish odor is a result of the oils in the fish -- a good thing for your pet!