Jones Natural Chews Co of Rockford, IL is recalling 2705 boxes of pig ears because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
The pig ears were distributed in Washington and 17 other states. They were shipped to distributors and retailers between September 15, 2010 and November 2, 2010, where they were available for purchase.
- Jones Natural Chews Co Pig Ears 2pk bag with header card–item upc 741956001047 lot 2420
- Jones Natural Chews Co Pig Ears bulk 100ct box-box upc 741956001139 lot 2490, 2560, 2630, 2700, 2840, 2910, 2980
- Jones Natural Chews Co Pig Ears bulk 50 ct box-box upc 741956001504 lot 2490, 2840
- Jones Natural Chews Co Pig Ears bulk 25ct box-box upc 741956001467 lot 2700
- Jones Natural Chews Co Pig Ears 1pk shrinkwrapped-item upc 741956001146 lot 2700, 2840, 2420
- Jones Natural Chews Co Pig Ears 10pk printed bag-item upc 741956001405 lot 2420, 2560, 2630, 2840
- Blain’s Farm & Fleet Pig Ears 10 pieces bag-item upc 741956001405 lot 2560
- Country Butcher Dog Chews Pig Ears 1pk shrinkwrapped-item upc 741956001511 lot 2630
- Country Butcher Dog Chews Pig Ears 1pk shrinkwrapped-item upc 741956001146 lot 2420
- Country Butcher Dog Chews Pig Ears 12pk bag-item upc 741956001245 lot 2910
No illnesses have been reported to date.
Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain. Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans. If your pet has eaten the recalled product and has these symptoms, contact your veterinarian.
You can become infected if you handle the dry pet food and/or treats, especially if you have not thoroughly washed your hands after having contact with the chews or any surfaces exposed to these products.
If you have have purchased any of these products you are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. If you have questions you can contact the company at 1-877-481-2663.