The Seattle Humane Society wants you to start your pet’s year right so you can get your male dog or cat fixed for just $20 in January.
SHS says spaying/neutering your pet is good for their health AND the community.
- Prevents unwanted litters and reduces the number of homeless pets in shelters
- Helps your pet live longer (some studies show 18-23% longer)
- Prevents certain types of cancers (including reproductive, testicular, and prostate)
- Prevents roaming, which can often lead to lost or injured animals
- Reduces or altogether stops urine-marking
- Can reduce aggressive behavior and fighting
- Can reduce dominant behaviors such as excessive barking and mounting
SHS can only spay/neuter pets belonging to owners with an income that is less than 80 percent of the median family income in their region. Refer to the chart below to see if you qualify.
To make an appointment visit the website or call Seattle Humane at (425) 649-7560.
Mom's (and Dad's) Last Litter Program
Seattle Humane offers FREE spay/neuter surgeries for any female or male cat or dog brought to our shelter with their litter by their qualifed-income pet owner. The parent animal will be returned to the owner and the kittens or puppies will be adopted out. Please call (425) 649-7561 to schedule an appointment.
Search below to find a low-cost spay/neuter program near you.