Cats rule! Hasbro says after a month of voting on Facebook, the cat has been chosen and will become the newest addition to the Monopoly game.
The cat beat out the toy robot, guitar, helicopter, and diamond ring in the "Save Your Token" campaign by receiving 31 percent of the fan vote.
The Scottie dog was a clear early favorite, eventually getting 29 percent of the vote.
But with only 8 percent of the vote, the iconic iron token fell behind the wheelbarrow and the shoe and will be retired from the game.
Some interesting facts about Monopoly
- More than 275 million games have been sold worldwide and the game is available in 111 countries, in 43 languages.
- The longest Monopoly game in history lasted for 70 straight days.
- Many specialized editions of the classic game have been produced featuring favorite sports teams, brands, television shows, cartoons and more.
- The most expensive version of the game was produced by celebrated San Francisco jeweler Sidney Mobell. Valued at $2 million, the set fea tures a 23-carat gold board and diamond-studded dice.
- More than 20 tokens have been cast since the Monopoly game was introduced in 1935, such as the horse, dog, car, elephant, purse and lantern.