Join the American Lung Association as they launch the LUNG FORCE Walk – Seattle! Slated for June 7 in the vibrant South Lake Union neighborhood, it will feature a 2.5 mile neighborhood walk, festive live music, kids’ activities, treats for dogs and their owners, and a celebration of clean air and healthy lungs.
The Lung Association will launch the Walk with a variety of activities the week of May 12 – be sure to mark your calendar and join in the fun:
• Tuesday, May 13 (11:30 am) – FREE Outdoor art unveiling at the South Lake Union Discovery Center (Westlake and Denny)
• Thursday, May 15 (5 pm) – FREE outdoor yoga with Be Luminous at the Discovery Center basketball courts (corner of 9th & Denny). (Wear turquoise to be entered to win a prize!)
• Monday May 12- Sunday May 18 – LUNG FORCE Dine Out – Visit more than 25 of your favorite eateries that are helping promote the LUNG FORCE Walk. Whether you get a dozen turquoise-frosted doughnuts, a turquoise cocktail, or a full meal – if you use your Alaska Airlines Visa card, they will donate $5 per transaction at all participating eateries during DINE OUT (up to $20,000!). Check out the DINE OUT website for details.
All of this fun leads up to the June 7 LUNG FORCE Walk. Registration is free, so put together your team today! This Walk will shed new light on the health crisis that is lung cancer in women. Did you know:
• In the last 35 years, the lung cancer death rate has fallen 21% among men, while INCREASING 116% among women;
• Lung cancer has killed more women than breast cancer every year since 1987;
• More than 2/3 of people newly diagnosed with lung cancer are nonsmokers, or never smokers.
• The LUNG FORCE Walk will also honor those who live with lung disease every day, including asthma, which impacts more than 1 in 10 families, and the deadly disease that is COPD.
The Walk, emceed by KING5’s own Keisha Burns will begin with a .5 mile Lung Heroes Lap around Denny Park, in honor of those living with or lost to lung disease. It will continue to Lake Union Park then return to the Denny Playfield to the sounds of the Total Experience Gospel Choir. Radio Disney will be on hand, there will be kids’ activities, sponsor booths, inspirational speakers, prize drawings, and more live music - featuring Seattle’s Beautiful Strangers.
Click here to register, and please join the American Lung Association for the LUNG FORCE Walk!
Saturday, June 7th