This Saturday, June 1st 2013, Seattle Children’s Hospital Guild Association and Shred-it are hosting Shred-a-thon, a community shred event to help consumers fight identity theft!
Community members are invited to bring unwanted personal documents for shredding by a Shred-it mobile truck. Seattle Children’s volunteers will be on hand to collect payment for the following: $5 per grocery bag of documents and $10 per archive box of documents. Shred-it will donate 100% of proceeds to Seattle Children’s.
Shred-a-thon will be taking place at the following locations, June 1st, 10am-2pm:
- QFC – 4919 Evergreen Way in Everett
- QFC – 6940 Coal Creek Parkway in Newcastle
- QFC – 1531 NE 145th St. in North Seattle
- Fred Meyer – 2041 148th NE in Bellevue
- Fred Meyer – 6305 Bridgeport Way West in University Place
- Fred Meyer – 101 Wellsian Way in Richland
Identity theft is a serious problem, one KING 5 Consumer Reporter, Jesse Jones understands all too well. Just how important is it to shred confidential and personal documents? Tune in this Friday at 11pm to watch “Let Jesse Buy It” and find out!
The event is sponsored by Shred-it, Fred Meyer, and QFC.
Learn more about the Shred-a-thon and Children’s Hospital here: http://www.seattlechildrens.org/about/event-detail.aspx?id=510252