May 15th was a really BIG day in Western Washington.
The Seattle Foundation’s online campaign “GiveBIG” brought in over $11.1 million for nonprofit organizations in our region. Over 54,500 individual donations were made to more than 1300 different nonprofits. Each contribution was increased by funds provided by The Seattle Foundation and GiveBIG sponsors, and this year, those “stretch dollars” totaled to $1 million.
KING 5 partnered with The Seattle Foundation for their 3rd annual GiveBIG campaign. At each hour between 7am-7pm of the day, the KING 5 Facebook page announced the winner of the Golden Ticket. The Golden Ticket winners were drawn from the pool of donations made during the hour. The lucky recipients received a $100 Starbucks gift card while the winning charitable organization received an additional $1000 and a round trip Alaska Airlines ticket.
Yesterday’s “Golden Ticket” winners were:
- Paige D. and Duvall Friends of the Library
- Julie W. and Seattle Humane Society
- Maya O. and YouthCare
- Michael C. and Wild Fish Conservancy
- Myrna E. and Northshore Performing Arts Center Foundation
- Kathie L. and Seattle Public Library Foundation
- Kathryn P. and Pacific Northwest Ballet
- Marilyn C. and Church Council of Greater Seattle
- Charles M. and Church Rhododendron Species Foundation
- Judith W. and Kent Youth and Family Services
In the first two years of GiveBIG, the campaign grew 105%. It has become a phenomenon in western Washington, generating awareness and much needed dollars for some incredible organizations. This third year, GiveBIG donations increased 50% from 2012.
Congratulations to the Seattle Foundation and all of the non-profit partners for their huge success in the GiveBIG event yesterday, and thank you to all of the donors for your generous contributions!
Learn more at The Seattle Foundation!