Opting outside this Black Friday? Looking for tight lines instead of long ones?
The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife has you covered.
WDFW has filled several Washington lakes with trout as a holiday special for fishermen.
"This is a great reason to avoid the holiday shopping stress just a little longer and enjoy a fun day on the water with family and friends," said Steve Thiesfeld, WDFW inland fish program manager.
WDFW placed large trout, averaging 15 to 16 inches in length and weighing up to three pounds, in the following lakes:
- Battle Ground Lake and Klineline Pond in Clark County
- Kress Lake in Cowlitz County
- Fort Borst Park Pond and South Lewis County Park Pond in Lewis County
- American and Tanwax lakes in Pierce County
- Rowland Lake in Klickitat County
- Black, Long, and Offutt lakes in Thurston