If you're looking for an easy and tasty treat this spring, try Danielle Kartes' brunch frittatas!
Ingredients you'll need:
- 12 inch well seasoned skillet
- 12 fresh eggs
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 5-6 sliced thick cut pepper bacon
- 1 large yellow onion sliced thinly
- 2 medium sized Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper
Here's how you do it:
- Over medium heat caramelize the onion and bacon in the butter until the bacon is crispy and the onions are brown.
- Add the diced potatoes and continue to cook for 7-8 minutes over medium heat.
- In a separate bowl crack all 12 eggs, mix with a whisk until all the yolks are broken, add milk or cream, cheese, salt, pepper and green onions.
- Mix completely.
- Pour the egg mixture over hot bacon, onions and potatoes.
- Immediately transfer to the oven, bake for 12-18 minutes until the eggs are just set.
Watch the video for the full demo! For more on Danielle's frittata recipe, as well as her other "Rustic Joyful Food," click here to check out her website.