Seattle restaurant Pablo y Pablo blends a unique menu with a warm an inviting atmosphere, inspired by the friendship between two of the 20th century's greatest artists: Spanish painter Pablo Picasso and Nobel Prize-winning Chilean poet Pablo Neruda.
Chef Oscar Monroy shared a savory seafood dish from their Seattle Restaurant Week menu and chatted more about Pablo y Pablo's approach to comfort dining.
Connect with Pablo y Pablo on Facebook
Seattle Restaurant Week runs Sunday nights through Thursday nights until November 2, 2017. More than 160 restaurants across Western Washington are offering special 3-course dinners for $33, and many are offering special 2-course lunches for just $18. Find more information, including a list of participating restaurants, here. (NOTE: These special menus are not available Friday or Saturday nights, or for Sunday brunch)
Connect with Seattle Restaurant Week on Facebook
Here's Chef Oscar's recipe for the grilled trout dish he prepared on the show:
#1 green olives ( chopped )
#3 Fresh Roma tomatoes ( roasted )
3 oz minced chopped jalapeños (seedless)
0.5 oz ( by weight ) fresh oregano chopped
1.5 oz ( by weight ) fresh parsley chopped
12 oz ( by weight ) chopped yellow onion
1 1/2 tbsp of minced garlic
1 . Wash and dry tomatoes. Put on sheet tray and roast in oven at 350 for 25 mins . When done cool down then chop tomatoes.
2. In a large pan on medium heat drizzle cooking oil when hot sauté onions and garlic together first . Cook onions / garlic to a golden brown color . Add tomatoes , olives , jalapeños and herbs next .
3 .Cook down for 10 mins constantly stirring
4. Add salt & pepper to taste .
1 each fresh parsley bunch
1 tsp of crushed pepper
2 each anchovy filets
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup olive oil
1. Add everything in Robo coupe and mix until it becomes a sauce .
2. Add salt &a pepper to taste
Crispy purple potatoes
# 1 of purple potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1 . Cut potatoes in 1/2 inch cuts . Put in bowl and toss with olive oil and salt & pepper.
Roast in oven for 25 mins .
1 each trout 7 oz filet
Salt & pepper
1. Season trout and put on hit grill to seat flesh first for 3 mins . Turn with spatula and cook skin for 2 mins . Take of grill and it's ready to serve .