GOTTA HAVE IT #1
Suzie Claus is back with gift ideas for the holiday season! She is CRAZY about these four items!
1) Lands' End Canvas Totes: Small - XL $22 - $44
- Classic totes have been made since 1965
- Great gift idea for teachers, hostess, college student, new job
- Can have monogrammed with names, nicknames, what it will hold, etc.
- Tested to hold up to 500 pounds (weight at which handle fabric breaks)
- Batter-proof, 24-oz. cotton canvas
- Water-resistant base and trim
- Reinforced, rip-resistant bottom and handles
- Sturdier seams help Tote stand upright
- Four inside pockets for organization
2) Sportula's Seahawk Grilling Spatula - $25
NEW DAY viewers get 10% off all Sportula products as well as any products at IDNABrands.com. Just use promo code KING5
*** This is such a great gift for the person in your life that loves sports AND grilling!
The Sportula is a heavy-duty, stainless steel grilling spatula that is perfectly designed for the ultimate tailgater.
Unique laser-cut design
Choose your favorite professional or college team - football, baseball, basketball!
Hard Maple Handles w/team name imprinted
Bottle opener at the end
18.5'' x 4''
- Exclusive collector pack of glitter figures includes all 5 emotions from the blockbuster Disney•Pixar feature film "Inside Out."
- Great quality with bendable figurines for kids and adults to pose and play with!
- Wonderful gift to give children to help them express what they are feeling!
- Joy has been Riley's lead emotion since day one. She sees life's challenges as hiccups on the way to something great.
- Anger tries to keep his cool, but it's difficult when there's so much injustice in the world.
- Fear does his best to protect Riley and keep her safe. There are very few things that he has not found to be dangerous.
- Disgust has always been proud of her refined tastes. After all, her job is to keep Riley from being poisoned, physically or socially.
- Sadness has always been a "glass half-empty" kind of emotion. It's hard to stay positive when she's seen ice cream scoops fall to the ground for no good reason.
Emile Henry French Cookware/Bakeware since 1800's. Made in France using Burgundy clay
Pieces that are made to last and be handed down for generations
Modern Classics line in beautiful colors and available thru the website or at Mrs. Cook's in University Village in Seattle -mrscooks.com
Our favorite from the line is the iconic ruffled edge Pie Dish in the Modern Classic color Spring
Great gift to give for the holidays or weddings. Suzie likes to gather family pie recipes and include those along with a beautiful pie server.
Don't forget to get one for yourself - pies look and taste better in this dish!
Margaret's Bourbon Pecan Pie looks amazing in the Emile Henry Pie Dish. Her recipe is below! Enjoy!
Margaret's Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
4 large eggs
1 cup light corn syrup
6 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons bourbon
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup pecans
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate if you prefer)
Preheat your oven at 350 degrees. Use your favorite pie crust recipe, line a 9 inch deep dish pie plate with the crust and refrigerate. Whisk together the first eight ingredients. Then fold in the pecans and chocolate chips. Pour into pie crust. Bake for 55 minutes or until set (I often let it go to an hour). Best baked on a middle or lower rack in the oven. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Best served with Chantilly cream. Enjoy!