Jessica Duggan gives us a taste of the upcoming Spring Baking Championship on the Food Network.
Jessica makes blueberry scones and chats about the upcoming baking competition. The show challenges bakers to create the most delicious and eye-catching treats to become the Spring Baking Champion and take home the grand prize of $50,000.
The all-new season will launch on Monday, March 12th at 9 p.m. on the Food Network.
Blueberry Lemon Scones with Lemon Glaze:
- 4 C. AP flour plus 2 tbsp for counter-top
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder.
- 1 1/2 C. Butter (very cold)
- 1 C. Heavy cream
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten & 1 more for egg wash (egg beaten with a splash of cold water).
- 1 C. Blueberries ( frozen or fresh)
- 1/4 C. Of coarse sanding sugar (or demerara sugar)
- In an Lg. bowl, measure and mix all dry ingredients.
- Grate butter, and fluff into the flour mixture, so as not to smash the butter.
- At this time, I add the blueberries to the mix.
- Now make a well in the center of the ingredients, and to it, add the eggs and cream.
- Start to fold the dry ingredients together lightly, trying not to smash all together!
- When the dough starts coming together, lay out on a counter, and make either a disk or a rectangle, depending on the shape you want for your scones. Use the extra egg to make Eggwash, and brush the top of the scones with it. Sprinkle coarse sugar on top of the dough.
- Cut into 12 pieces. Bake at 400• for 18-2” minutes! Should be nice and golden brown!