Puget Sound Business Journal has released their list for the top 12 projects that will forever change our local area. Emily Parkhurst is here to highlight 6 of these exciting, major projects! She discusses Amazon's 5-block tower project and infamous spheres that will brand our city, a light rail expansion that gets you from Seattle to downtown Bellevue in just 15 minutes, and other notable projects.
The complete list includes:
- Sound Transit’s new light rail line between Seattle and Bellevue.
- The Spring District in Bellevue (where the new GIX program and REI’s HQ will be)
- The Highway 99 tunnel in Seattle
- The Lincoln Square expansion in Bellevue.
- The Amazon Spheres
- Rainier Square in downtown Seattle
- Amazon’s five-block tower project in downtown Seattle
- The Convention Center expansion
- The Hyatt Regency Seattle near the Convention Center
- The Space Needle renovation
- The Elliott Bay Seawall project
- The Lakefront Blocks that will be Google’s South Lake Union office